Monday, August 24, 2015

I am so lucky


I am so incredibly lucky to be able to share this experience with Matt and Rowan.  Matt has worked so, so, so hard to have the flexibility he does on this trip and its so wonderful to be able to wake up everyday with an open-ended day in a city on the other side of the planet.  He is still busy writing and collaborating with colleagues, but we have tons of time in between to play.  Pal is learning new things everyday and enjoying all of the exciting experiences.  He really is the happiest little Pal in the whole world.  I am spending much of my time reading (actual books) which is not something I have been able to do in years.  In the 2 months we have been overseas, I have plowed through 10 books (and counting)!  I also don’t have a phone, TV, or reliable access to the internet.  This is both a blessing and a curse since a lot of time is spent trying to figure out how to connect with people.  It’s kind of great not having Facebook or checking for text messages every few minutes but also it gets somewhat lonely as we are pretty much on our own most of the time.  We a adjusting bit by bit and Pal is loving the experience, which is really the most important thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment